|1445 Ross Avenue|
Dallas, TX 75202
Shonn Brown is a respected bar and community leader. She has represented business clients in a wide range of litigation matters, including breach of contract, employment, fraud, board governance and personal injury. Her industry experience is varied and includes telecommunications, software, private equity, banking and financial services, construction, energy and education. Most recently, Ms. Brown obtained a take-nothing jury verdict in federal court for an international company. In addition to her civil trial experience, Ms. Brown has experience in the criminal courts through her service as a Lawyer on Loan to the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office. She has been named a Rising Star numerous times by Texas Monthly Magazine, and recognized among the Best Lawyers under 40 by D Magazine.
- Obtained million dollar verdict against public school in 2-week federal jury trial.
- Second chair for private school defense team in high profile jury trial.
- Successfully defended against purported nationwide class certification in Travis County District Court.
- Arbitrated construction claims resulting in favorable award for Claimant in design-build dispute against architect and designer.
- Tried and received favorable judgment in real estate dispute for major financial institution.
- Defense of private equity firm in hotly contested business and employment dispute.
- Represented national financial services institutions in various unfair debt collection, wrongful foreclosure and other disputes.
- Provided general counsel and advice to insurance broker in multi-level sales and marketing company.
- Obtained injunctive relief against processing company for restaurant management company.
- Represented university in various litigation matters.
- Represented private university and independent parochial school in various litigation matters.
- Defended celebrity muscle car designer in complex business litigation dispute.
- Represented leading independent sales company in complex matter involving board governance.
- Defended single purpose entity and individuals in major property dispute.
- Represented sales company in substantial personal injury dispute involving the State of Texas and large trucking companies.
- Represented major manufacturing company in products liability action.
- Obtained take-nothing defense jury verdict in civil rights/FMLA lawsuit.
- Frequently handles numerous employment disputes including misappropriation of trade secrets, covenants not to compete and other general employment claims.
- Tried and obtained JNOV for automobile company and affiliated companies in employment-related dispute.
- Obtained injunctive relief against former employees of software development company.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Obtained favorable outcome for international athletic company in trademark dispute.
- Represented medical equipment manufacturing company as plaintiff in software action in both litigation and arbitration.
- Represent independent sales company in prosecuting trademark violation.
- Defended leading Energy company in wrongful death and personal injury matters.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Director, 2013-2014
- Secretary-Treasurer, 2012
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court
- JL Turner Legal Association Foundation, Director, 2001-2004
- JL Turner Legal Association
- Vice President, 2002
- Recording Secretary, 2000
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Co-Chair, Lawyers Promoting Diversity Committee, 2005
- DMA Board of Trustees, 2013
- Big Thought, Director
- Dallas Black Dance Theatre, Director, 2003 – present
- Bryan’s House, Director, 2010 – 2013
- Dallas Museum of Art, Junior Associates
- Chair, An Affair of the Art Gala, 2012
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, 2008—2009
- Steering Committee, 2006—2012
- Leadership Dallas Class of 2003
- Junior League of Dallas, member since 2001
Honors & Awards
- Multicultural Leadership Award, Texas Diversity Council
- Selected as Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly and Law & Politics Magazine (2013)
- Selected as a Texas Rising Star in the Texas SuperLawyer editions of Texas Monthly Magazine (2005, 2008-2013)
- Selected as one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas under 40", published in D Magazine, 2006
- Selected as a "Best Lawyer in Dallas" in the area of Business Litigation by D Magazine, 2013
Southern Methodist University, B.S., 1995
Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., Order of the Barristers, 1998
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, 1998
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2005